This calculator calculates number of bricks and amount of cement, sand and coarse aggregates required for a brick wall.
- Calculate number of bricks in a single layer : wall length/(brick length + mortar thickness)
- Calculate number of brick layers in wall : wall height/brick height + mortar thickness
- Total bricks required (single brick wall) = number of bricks in single layer X number of brick layers
- Total bricks required (double brick wall) = 2 X number of bricks in single layer X number of brick layers
- Mortar for single brick wall = total wall volume – (number of bricks X single brick volume)
- Mortar for double brick wall = mortar volume for single brick wall + (mortar thickness X wall area)
- Add Wastage percentage and bulkage percentage to arrive at actual mortar quantity required.
- Calculate fractions of sand and cement from selected mortar cement/sand ratio.
- Multiply individual factors to total required mortar quantity to get quantities of sand and cement.