This calculator calculates cement and sand required to plaster a given surface area with plaster of specified thickness.
- First calculate area to be plastered.
- Calculate volume of mortar required by multiplying area with plaster thickness.
- As sand shrinks after addition of water, add bulkage percentage (Normally 35%) to calculated volume.
- Some amount of mortar is wasted during plastering process. It is around 20%. Add it to calculated volume.
- Calculate fractions of sand and cement from selected cement sand ratio.
- Multiply individual factors to total required mortar quantity to get quantities of sand and cement.