Test your knowledge about Civil Engineering – Building Construction by taking this Multi Choice Question (MCQ) quiz. Get your score and actual answers at the end of this quiz.
1. Queen closer may be placed
in header course
in stretcher course
in header course next to first brick
in stretcher course next to first brick
2. Dado is usually provided in
3. The foundation in which a cantilever beam is provided to join two footings, is known as
4. The foundations are placed below ground level to increase
stability of structure
all the above.
5. Stud(s) of a common wooden partition
are vertical wooden members
is the upper horizontal wooden member
is the lower horizontal wooden member
are the intermediate horizontal wooden members
6. Pick up the correct statement from the following :
inclined borings are made for taking samples under existing structures
inclined borings are occasionally used instead of vertical holes.
the spacing of inclined borings is kept such that one bore hole is vertically above the bottom of an adjacent bore hole.
all the above.
7. To ensure that supporting area of an offset footing of a boundary wall is fully compressive, the C.G. of load must act
at the centre of the base
within the middle third of the base
within the middle fifth of the base
neither (a), (b) nor (c).
The 9 cm x 9 cm side of a brick as seen in the wall face, is generally known as
9. The taper of precast concrete pile should not be more than
1 cm per metre length
2 cm per metre length
4 cm per metre length
5 cm per metre length.
10. The under surface of an arch, is called
11. The raft slab is projected beyond the outer walls of the structure by
5 to 10 cm
15 to 20 cm
25 to 30 cm
30 to 45 cm
12. The process of making the background rough, before plastering is
13. Black cotton soil is unsuitable for foundations because its
bearing capacity is low
permeability is uncertain
particles are cohesive
property to undergo a volumetric change due to variation of moisture content.
The loose pockets in soil mass can be bridged safely by providing a raft foundation provided the soft area is smaller than
the column spacing
one-third the column spacing
half the column spacing
three-fourth the column spacing
15. The portion of a brick cut across the width, is called
16. The concrete slump recommended for beams and slabs ; is
25 to 50 mm
25 to 75 mm
30 to 125 mm
50 to 100 mm
17. The member which is placed horizontally to support common rafter of a sloping roof, is
18. Pick up the correct statement from the following:
Louvered door is generally provided in bath rooms
Flush door is generally provided in dinning room
Revolving door is generally provided in cinema halls
Sliding door is generally provided in show rooms
19. The exterior angle between outer faces of a wall, is known as
all the above.
20. In jack arch floor, the rise is kept
1/6th of the span
1/8th of the span
1/10th of the span
1/12th of the span
21. While designing a stair, the product of rise and going is approximately kept equal to
You have attempted 0 of 21 questions
Correct Answers : 0 of 21
Percentage Marks : 0%