Test your knowledge about Civil Engineering Construction Materials by taking this Multi Choice Question (MCQ) quiz. Get your score and actual answers at the end of this quiz.
1. A badly mixed cement concrete results in
none to these.
2. Inner part of a timber log surrounding the pitch, is called
none of these.
3. The filler used in plastic bitumen is
4. Refractory bricks are used for
5. The rock generally used for roofing is
6. Apiece of sawn timber whose cross-sectional dimensions exceed 5 cm, in one direction and 20 cm in the other direction, is called a
7. Pick up the correct statement from the following:
soft stones are required for carving
light stones are required for arches
hard stones are required to stand high pressure
All the above.
8. Name the type of cement from the following for canal linings :
sulphate resisting cement
rapid hardening cement
quick setting cement
9. Mastic asphalt is generally used for
damp proof course
water proof layer
both (a) and (b).
10. The most fire resistant paints are :
11. The commonly used lime in white washing, is
12. The lime which contains mainly calcium oxide and slacks with water, is
Inhaling of fly-ash over a long period causes
fibrosis of lungs
All of these.
14. Minimum required water cement ratio for a workable concrete, is
15. The compound of Portland cement which contributes to the strength after two to three years is
Tetracalcium alumino ferrite.
16. Clay and silt content in a good brick earth must be at least
17. The portion of the brick without a triangular corner equal to half the width and half the length, is called
18. The standard size of masonry bricks, is
18 cm x 8 cm x 8 cm
19 cm x 9 cm x 9 cm
20 cm x 10 cm x 10 cm
21 cm x 11 cm x 11 cm
19. A good quality stone absorbs water less than
20. Plywood is made from
teak wood only
You have attempted 0 of 20 questions
Correct Answers : 0 of 20
Percentage Marks : 0%